Serial Cut (Spain)

Friday 17 August 2012


3D and set-build magicians Serial Cut give us their thoughts on redesigning the Spanish flag...


What was the idea behind your design? 
Our Spanish flag contains an emblem made of columns and other motifs. So the columns was the star point. We created diffenret flags in CGI simulating a studio set represeting our flag in a  contemporary way.

What inspires you about your country?
The nice weather always is a great excuse to be outside or take a vacation. For me a vacation means relaxing and that's when cool ideas come.

What three things best capture what your country is about? 
SUN, HOLIDAYS and JAMÓN.

If you could redesign one country's flag, what would it be and why? 
I would change the colours for sure, I don't like the red/yellow combination. For most Spanish this is not cool - you will never see someone wearing a yellow tee with a red pants. I like the columns and the motifs, but I would make it monochromatic, that would make it feel more modern.

What is your favourite flag? 
I think the Swiss is really cool and simple, it works fine everywhere.

Did you watch the Olympics this year? 
Yeah, but I'd rather have been in London and seen it live.

If you could pick one Olympic sport to compete in, what would it be? 
I'm too clumsy for some sports… let the the sport guys make it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment